I’m the Discovery and Sciences Liaison Librarian. I’ve been at Hollins since 2013 and enjoy the variety at my job which includes improving user experience in library and information services, providing instruction and research consultations for sciences students, and advocating for open and affordable educational resources.
Whether you’re creating a first-year seminar project, a thesis, a submission to a professional journal, or anything in between, I’m available to help support your work.
To make an appointment with me to discuss research, visit: https://calendly.com/millerjc/30min
Areas of Expertise
- Assists students with research in the following majors:
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- M.L.I.S., Library & Information Science, Drexel University
- B.A., English, Austin College
Publications & Articles
- Miller, J. C. (in press). The design cycle and a mixed methods approach for improving usability: A case study. Journal of Web Librarianship.
- Miller, J. C. (2014). Targeting point of need to increase traffic to library resources. Georgia Library Quarterly, 51(1).
- Usability testing, website design, user behavior, and instructional design.