How to Apply
International students are an important part of our community at Hollins. This page will provide instructions to begin the process of applying to Hollins:
Start by completing the Common Application online. After submitting your application for admission, you may monitor the progress of your application and receipt of supporting documents via your myHollins portal. A username and password will be generated once you begin your application for admission. A counselor will reach out via email to advise you on next steps.
There is no cost to submit your application for admission to Hollins.
Required Supporting Application Documents
Official copies of academic records (transcript) which must:
- list the courses taken and grades received in each grading period during the secondary school years.
- include your secondary school’s official stamp or seal.
- Documents may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, uploaded via the Common Application or on the myHollins applicant portal.
- Prospective international students must submit either an SAT or ACT score as part of the admission process. However, students may apply for a waiver from this requirement if they are able to submit alternative standardized testing, such as Cambridge, IB, or AP scores.
One letter of recommendation or Secondary School Report
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor at your school.
- If your native language isn’t English, you must submit a recommendation from your most recent English instructor.
- The recommendation should state the content of your English course work and the level of proficiency you have achieved.
Proof of English Proficiency
To be eligible for admission, applicant must:
- Obtain a TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based total), 213 (computer-based total), or 80 (Internet-based total)
- Obtain a 6.5 or higher on the IELTS
- Obtain a 110 or higher on the Duolingo English Test
This requirement can be waived for applicants if they have achieved one of the following:
- Attended a secondary school with all instruction in English for three or more year
- Obtain a score of 610 of the SAT evidence-based reading and writing section
- Obtain a score of 26 or higher on the ACT English Section
Please note that satisfaction of the admission requirement for English proficiency may not equal satisfaction of the general education language requirement (LAN) as described on page 34 of the Undergraduate Catalog.
|Academic merit scholarship||at least $23,000||Students will be evaluated based on their academic profile at the time of admission.|
|International friendship award||amount varies||A limited amount of additional funds are available to international students.|
Have more questions about scholarship opportunities at Hollins? Contact us at email@example.com.