For rising 9th-12th-grade girls:
Sunday, July 19 – Saturday, July 25, 2020
Spend a week of your summer at Hollins University in the newly renovated Dana Science center. The Experiment and Explore: Summer Science Camp at Hollins is for all budding scientists! You’ll have experience in biology, chemistry, and environmental science along with being able to delve deeper into scientific topics that you are passionate about including forensic science, ecology, and health science. Hollins faculty and staff members collaborate in a highly supportive and creative environment, with revolving guest experts on special topics. Come experiment and explore: join Summer Science Camp this year with us!
Day (9 am – 5 pm): $400
- A deposit of $200 is required at the time of registration.
- Campers who register and pay the nonrefundable $200 deposit by March 15 receive a 10% discount on the total camp cost.
- All payments are due in full by June 1, or your registration will be canceled and your deposit will not be refunded.
- Has a B.A. in chemistry from Kalamazoo College and a Ph.D. in inorganic chemistry from Purdue University
- Teaches general chemistry and inorganic chemistry
- Synthesizes new molecules that contain transition metal atoms and studies their spectroscopic and electrochemical properties
- Is with Francis Bacon in believing that “wonder is the seed of knowledge”