For rising 9th-12th-grade girls:
Sunday, July 18 – Saturday, July 24, 2021
Spend a week of your summer at Hollins University in our renovated Dana Science Building. Experiment and Explore is for all budding scientists! You’ll have experience in biology, chemistry, and environmental science along with being able to delve deeper into scientific topics that you are passionate about including forensic science, ecology, and health science.
Registration is currently full for Hollinsummer: Experiment and Explore. Participants who register after March 10 will be added to a waitlist and will be contacted if we are able to accommodate. Please contact email@example.com or call 540-362-6213 with any questions.
Day (9 am – 5 pm): $400
- Has a B.S. in Chemistry from the UMass Lowell and a Ph.D. degree in Organic Chemistry from Tufts University
- Was a postdoctoral fellow at UMass Worcester
- Research involves the design, synthesis, and evaluation of efficient probe detection of cysteine-rich proteins in biological settings
- Interested in exploring new methods in carbohydrate chemistry and applying them into the total synthesis of pharmaceutical products which have several biological activities
- Has a B.A. in Psychology and Social Work, as well as a B.A. in Environmental Studies from Hollins
- Volunteer work includes acting as education coordinator for the Roanoke Tree Stewards
- Passionate about about creating spaces in which trees and people can thrive together