Hollins University is joining U.S. Senator Mark Warner, Virginia Tech, the Roanoke Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the City of Roanoke in hosting the 2015 Virginia Women’s Conference on Saturday, November 21, from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center.
Admission is free but registration is required.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Leadership and Lifelong Learning.” The agenda features a variety of breakout sessions, including:
- From Conflict to Curiosity: Leadership Lessons Applied to Real Life
- Women & Digital Domination
- The Myth and the Math: Capital in the Community for Women-Owned Businesses
- Prepare to Care – Physically, Mentally and Financially
- Your Health: Ages & Stages
- Leadership: From Fear to Fun
- Four Keys to More Effective Leadership Behaviors
- The Power of Friendship
- The Modern Home Front
- What’s Your EQ (Emotional Intelligence)?
- The Woman in Charge: Financial Empowerment
- Managing Stress with Success
- Women as Agents of Change
Also highlighting the conference will be remarks from Senator Warner; a keynote address by Rynthia Rost, vice president of public affairs at GEICO; and a speed networking lounge. Joy Sutton, host of The Joy Sutton Show, is the emcee.
To register or learn more about this year’s Virginia Women’s Conference, visit www.warner.senate.gov/womensconference.