Erin Levering was born and raised in Roanoke, VA. She earned a B.S. in mathematics with education option at Virginia Tech. She also completed her Master of Arts in education degree in curriculum and instruction (math education) at Virginia Tech.
Levering has taught all levels of math from basic Algebra through BC Calculus at the high school level; at the college level she has taught all levels from Introduction to Quantitative Reasoning to Calculus II, as well as Teaching Math (for preservice teachers) and Tutoring Theory and Practice. She has been teaching at Hollins since 2012. Levering is the Director of Quantitative Reasoning and supervises the Quantitative Reasoning Center.
She and her husband, Chris, have a son, Joshua, and a daughter, Kayleigh. She also has a dog, Charlotte. In her spare time, Levering enjoys sports, running, cooking, and spending time with friends and family.
Areas of Expertise
- All levels of math up to, and including, Calculus II
- Introduction to Quantitative Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning in Today’s World
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Mathematical Modeling with Precalculus
- Teaching Mathematics in the Elementary and Middle School
- Tutoring Theory and Practice for Quantitative Reasoning Across the Curriculum
- M.A., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University