Elizabeth O. Dulemba is associate professor of illustration at Winthrop University in South Carolina and an award-winning children’s book author/illustrator with over three dozen titles to her credit, including her debut novel, A Bird on Water Street, which garnered her Georgia Author of the Year. Her most recent four picture books as illustrator were written by The New York Times Best-selling author Jane Yolen. Before moving to Scotland to advance her graduate studies, she was illustrator coordinator for the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators U.S. southern region and a board member for the Georgia Center for the Book. She’s thrilled to be back in the states and along with teaching at Hollins, she still speaks regularly at universities, festivals, and events. See her TEDx Talk, “Is Your Stuff Stopping You?” with nearly a million online views. She also hosts creator interviews and giveaways in her weekly newsletter. Learn more at http://dulemba.com.
People need three things to survive - food, shelter, and wonder.
- Picture Book Design
- Beginning Computer/Photoshop Skills
- Advanced Photoshop Skills
- Ph.D. student Children’s Literature, University of Glasgow
- M.F.A., Illustration, University of Edinburgh
- B.F.A., Graphic Design, University of Georgia
- Université Paris-Sorbonne, France
- Latin American Association, Atlanta
Publications & Articles
Elizabeth Dulemba is an award-winning children’s book author, illustrator, teacher, and speaker with over two dozen titles to her credit from board books to a middle grade novel. She recently completed an M.F.A. with Distinction in Illustration from the University of Edinburgh and is now pursuing a Ph.D. in Children’s Literature from the University of Glasgow. Before moving to Scotland, she was the Illustrator Coordinator for the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) southern region and a Board Member for the Georgia Center for the Book, for which she created and ran annual Illustrators’ Day conferences, gallery shows, state-wide awards, and a scholarship fund. Along with teaching at Hollins, she speaks regularly at schools, festivals, and events, including the TEDx Talk, “Is Your Stuff Stopping You?” with over 150,000 views. Her newsletter, where she interviews authors and illustrators and hosts weekly giveaways, garners a million hits to her website annually with nearly 4,000 subscribers. Learn more at http://dulemba.com.
- Represented by Trish Lawrence of the Erin Murphy Literary Agency for children’s books
- Represented by Gordon Warnock of Fuse Literary for adult books
- A Bird on Water Street, winner of thirteen literary awards
- Soap, Soap, Soap named a “Book All Young Georgians Should Read”
- Visit http://dulemba.com/index_awards.html for a list of all honors and awards
“I am constantly working to expand my skills and craft – teaching is learning. I continue to experiment with various illustration styles, while creating new picture books and novels. Currently, I am illustrating a picture book by Caldecott award-winning author Jane Yolen (due fall 2018). My Ph.D. topic concentrates on tricksters in picture books.”