I’m the University Librarian and the liaison librarian to several academic departments. I’ve worked at Hollins since 2007 and enjoy collaborating with students and faculty on their research.
Whether you’re creating a first-year seminar project, a thesis, a submission to a professional journal, or anything in between, I’m available to help support your work.
To make an appointment with me to discuss research, visit: https://calendly.com/lvilelle/30min
Areas of Expertise
- Assists students with research in the following majors:
- Communication Studies
- Gender & Women's Studies
- International Studies
- Political Science
- M.L.I.S., University of Pittsburgh
- B.J., University of Missouri
Publications & Articles
- Virginia Library Association, 2013 Presidential Citation, for role in re-invigoration of the Virginia chapter of ACRL and co-founding the VLACRL Conference-within-a-Conference at the VLA Annual Conference.
- Reference Service Press Award in 2010, from the Reference and User Services Association of the American Library Association, for the most outstanding article in Reference & User Services Quarterly, volume 48.
- Leadership and change within liberal arts college libraries.