There are a number of tasks that you must complete to prepare for your arrival at Hollins.
- Review the first-year seminars, including Student Success Leader (SSL) bios.
- Select a seminar by taking the Advising Questionnaire.
- Complete the summer reading. During the latter part of June, we’ll send you the book chosen for the first-year reading, which you’ll discuss during orientation with your first-year seminar class.
transfer & Horizon students
- Take the Advising Questionnaire.
All incoming students
- Take online placement tests. You can take placement tests between June 15 and August 1 for:
- Math/quantitative reasoning
2. Prepare a tentative schedule. During orientation, you’ll meet with your advisor to discuss your interests and finalize your schedule before registration. A typical course load is 4 four-credit courses per term (one of these courses will be your first-year seminar), plus a sport or physical activity. Refer to the schedule of classes and the academic catalog.