How do I mail letters to my daughter?
All residential students are required to have a post office box on campus. Your daughter will receive her box number and key after she arrives on campus.
Addressing mail to a post office box.
PO Box #
Roanoke, VA 24020
Do not address U.S. mail with your daughter’s room number because it could be be returned to sender.
Deliveries and incoming packages
- All ground and overnight deliveries to students from all carriers (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.) except the USPS are delivered to the printing, mailing, and shipping services (PMSS) office in Main Building weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- PMSS notifies recipients at their Hollins email address.
- Assistance is available for heavy packages, with a signed liability waiver.
- Weekend and evening deliveries are left at the security department in Botetourt.
- Students are called to pick up overnight packages.
- Access to PMSS after normal hours can be made through the security department on a case-by-case basis (e.g., medications, airline tickets, and time-sensitive materials).
For correct shipping, use the campus route/street address indicated below. Use a post office box as an address for mailings sent through the USPS. When ordering catalog merchandise, be sure to ask how items are being shipped (UPS or USPS) since UPS charges a fee for shipment to a post office box.
All shipped packages should be addressed as follows:
PO Box ________
8060 Quadrangle Ln
Roanoke, VA 24020
SPECIAL NOTE: Online retailers sometimes will not accept a Hollins University street address. In this case, either:
- Put the street address first then the post office box line.
- Use 7916 Williamson Rd.
How do I send flowers to my daughter?
Use the street address, along with your daughter’s building and room number for sending flowers. Local florists deliver flowers to the student affairs office in Moody, and we call students to pick up their flowers Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.