Many of our students come with experience in community service work and want to continue that outreach during college. Hollins offers a variety of ways to get involved.
- Sandusky Service House — Student volunteers can choose to live on campus in this specialty house.
- Many academic courses incorporate civic involvement, taking students into the Roanoke Valley.
- Our annual Day of Service — As part of first-year orientation, we link up new students with local service opportunities. Video
- SHARE — A peer education group that recruits volunteers and coordinates with a variety of agencies and organizations. It also operates the campus free store.
- The Appalachian Service Project (not offered every year) — a January Short Term course involving a service project to West Virginia.
- The Jamaica Cultural Immersion Program — since 1988, over 400 Hollins community members have taken part in an annual service trip to Lucea.