- The Office of Inclusivity and Diversity (OID) leads and supports sustainable efforts to fully integrate diversity and inclusion into the fabric of the university.
- OID collaborates with units on campus to provide innovative educational programs, services and support which enhance cultural competence and promote an affirming environment for all faculty, staff, and students.
Sustained Dialogue at Hollins
Sustained Dialogue (SD) is a dialogue-to-action process that transforms relationships and develops informed strategies to improve the Hollins campus community. SD brings together diverse groups of 8 to 15 people to share personal experiences on a variety of topics, including, but not limited to religion/spirituality/meaning, class, race, gender and sexual orientation. Participants’ leadership is enhanced to transform their differences into strong relationships essential to creating a welcoming campus environment.
Anti-Racism/Whiteness Sessions for Faculty and Staff
- Increase awareness and knowledge about race, racism, and whiteness
- Develop foundation for antiracism work and begin to learn methods to actively practice antiracism
- Reflect on the benefits of racial privilege and how our own assumption and attitudes about race have shaped our thinking and interactions with others.
- Learn to think more critically about how we have been socialized into whiteness and to create ways to interact more equitably and authentically with folks from different backgrounds
- Consider next steps along journey to cultural competence and humility
For registration information, visit my.hollins.
Campus Programs and Services
- Cultural and Community Engagement
- Spiritual and Religious Life
- HU Connect
- International Programs
- International Studies
- Transgender Policy
- Learning Accommodations
- Clubs and Organizations
- Hollins University Working Group on Slavery and its Contemporary Legacies
- Honor Code
- Gender & Women’s Studies
- Sustained Dialogue
Inclusivity and Diversity Resources
- Dictionary (PDF)
- Hollins Holy Days of Observance (PDF)
- Interfaith Calendar
- 18 Books Every White Ally Should Read (PDF)
- Making the Most of “Hot Moments” in the Classroom (PDF)
- Faculty Book Discussion, Spring 2018 (PDF)
- Considerations for an Inclusive Syllabus (PDF)