Welcome, and congratulations on your decision to attend Hollins.
Dear first-year, transfer, and Horizon students:
We are eagerly awaiting your arrival in late August! Between now and then, this Web page will serve as your home base and will provide important information that will help you prepare for the fall term. Once you receive information about your email account, be sure to check your Hollins email every week for other important information and updates.
Please read the following information carefully.
- Under Required Forms, you will be asked to fill out and submit a number of forms that will help us understand and address your interests and needs. Please be sure to note the dates by which the forms must be completed.
- Under First-Year Students, Transfer Students, Horizon Students, you will find academic information that pertains to you. In addition to an academic overview, you will find a checklist of tasks to complete over the summer. Please fill out and submit the advising questionnaire as soon as possible and be sure to read all academic information very carefully in preparation for advising and registration in late August.
- All first year and transfer students (who are required to live on campus), as well as adult Horizons who want to live on campus, must visit the Housing and Residence Life page. There you will learn about the residence halls, get information on what to bring with you, and find frequently asked questions about living on campus.
- Under Information Technology, you will find instructions on how to use Hollins email, the network, my.hollins, and telephone systems. You will also learn about specifications for bringing a computer to campus.
- Please review the tentative Orientation Schedules. Please note that you need to make travel arrangements to arrive on campus for check-in the morning of August 31, 2014.
- Under Contact Us, you will find a list of staff members who are available to assist you. Please do not hesitate to email or call with questions.
- If applicable to you, please refer your parents to the Parents/Guardians of New Students section where they will find information about their role in your first year at Hollins.
Congratulations on your decision to attend Hollins! As you plan for the fall, remember that "Women who are going places start at Hollins." Get ready for the adventure to begin!