Will classes still be recognized for their giving based on the current fiscal year (ending June 30, 2020)?
Yes, classes will still be recognized for their gifts and pledges based on the current fiscal year (which ends June 30, 2020) despite postponing on-campus events until the next fiscal year. We will share class totals (to date) and announce the awards during the Virtual Reunion on May 30. We will also recognize your total fiscal year giving when you are on campus in June 2021 for the postponed reunion festivities.
Will Virtual Reunion 2020 feature awards for Reunion Class Giving?
Yes! The class giving awards we will celebrate at the Virtual Reunion are:
- Catherine Orgill West ’51 Award – to the class with the highest participation in giving to Hollins (any fund designation, includes gifts and pledges).
- Hollins Rock Award – to the class with the highest participation in giving to any fund designation among the 10th, 5th, and 2nd reunion classes (includes gifts and pledges).
- President Nancy Oliver Gray Award – to the class with the highest total giving to any fund designation (includes gifts and pledges).
- Tinker Mountain Award – to the class with the highest total giving to the Hollins Fund (includes gifts and pledges).
How will the Reunion Class Giving Awards be announced?
Members of the Hollins Fund team will announce the Reunion Class Giving Awards LIVE at the Virtual Ceremony on Saturday, May 30 starting at 12 p.m. EDT
What is the deadline to make my reunion gift to make sure it is included in class totals during Virtual Reunion?
Since gifts will be mailed or made online this year rather than made in-person during Reunion Weekend, the deadline for making your gift is Wednesday, May 27 at midnight EDT. This deadline ensures gifts and are accurately processed, posted to our system, and reflected in reports.
How can I make my reunion gift?
There are four ways to make your gift:
- Please visit hollins.edu/giveonline to make your gift online by credit card before midnight EDT on May 27.
- You may also mail a check (payable to Hollins University) to Box 9629, 7916 Williamson Rd., Roanoke, VA 24020. (Must be received by May 27.)
- Call 800-846-5371 (800-Tinker1) to make a gift over the phone. While we continue report work, the voicemail will be checked daily and calls will be returned within 1 – 2 business days. There will be someone in the office every day May 26 – May 29 to ensure any gifts made by phone can be processed and reflected in totals reported during the Virtual Reunion on May 30.
- If you would like to make a pledge, please contact Amy Bridge, major gifts officer at email@example.com or 521-3194; Suzy Mink, vice president for external relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 309-1750; or Syreeta Combs-Cannaday, assistant director of the Hollins Fund, at email@example.com or (570) 441-7173 . (Please contact us on or before May 29 to facilitate a pledge.)
Please visit the “How to Make a Gift” page of our website for more information on donation of stocks and securities.
Read more about the CARES Act.
Will our class totals be announced at Reunion 2021 as well?
Yes! At Reunion 2021 (June 4-6), we will announce the total giving for this fiscal year (through June 30, 2020) for the reunion classes ending in 0s and 5s and the class of 2018.
What does my Reunion Class Gift support?
We depend on the Hollins Fund for scholarship support, student leadership experiences, faculty and staff salaries, and everything that keeps Hollins thriving and exceptional. The Hollins Fund is always an integral part of operations at Hollins, but this year, there are additional expenses incurred due to the cost of distance learning and refunds of room and board. Your gift ensures that Hollins continues to thrive and remains ready to meet student needs with robust programming and facilities.
Questions? Ask us!
Please contact us with questions. We are happy to hear from you!
Associate Vice President of Development
firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-538-4832
Assistant Director of the Hollins Fund
email@example.com or 570-441-7173