One of the things Hollins does best is instill in our students the belief that they can do anything. From sub-Saharan Africa to suburban America, Hollins graduates are making the world a better place. We aim to assure this legacy far into the future.
Your gift to Hollins provides students the foundation to grow, transform, and lead lives of consequence. Our greatest needs are:
Every aspect of the Hollins experience
- Your gift to the Hollins Fund allows Hollins to recruit high-achieving students and provides them the resources to excel inside and outside of the classroom. The backbone of Hollins is her students and faculty. With your annual gift, you support the quality education Hollins students deserve.
the Importance of Reunion year giving
- During a reunion year, alumnae commemorate their affection for Hollins by increasing their typical Hollins Fund gifts. Classes focus their fund raising efforts to increase participation and to compete for various giving awards announced at the alumnae celebration in the chapel during reunion weekend.
scholarships attract the brightest students to hollins
- Given that financial aid is the fastest-growing component of our budget, increasing our merit- and need-based scholarships is vital to ensure that talented students will have access to a Hollins education.
honor a loved one, in perpetuity
- A named scholarship provides a unique and lasting opportunity to impact Hollins in perpetuity. Naming a scholarship in honor or in memory of a loved one ensures their legacy lives on at Hollins in perpetuity.
give to an existing endowed scholarship
- Your gift to an existing scholarship will bring it to a higher level, providing even more funding for deserving students.
A career program of distinction
- Hollins is building a distinctive program of experiential learning, including career preparation for our students. Hollins’ Career Compass is attracting the attention of prospective students, eager to take advantage of the full range of programs geared to their success. Your support of Career Compass will create amazing outcomes for these future alumnae.
Signature Internship Program
- Alumnae are providing access to an exceptional array of internships in Washington, DC, New York, and other locations. These signature internships provide stipends and housing for the students participating. You will help secure this program through a gift to internship endowment.
Give to current-use internship funds
- Your gift to support current-use internship funds will allow Hollins the flexibility to provide funding for a student’s internship immediately.
Improving the spaces where students have fun and work
Thanks to the generosity of our alumnae and a grant from the Mary Morton Parsons Foundation, Moody Center and the Center for Learning Excellence (CLE) have received extensive renovations, creating new spaces for the Student Government Association, the Intercultural Center, and the Commuter Lounge, and relocating the CLE to the library, giving easier access to resources.
Maintaining and updating historic buildings
The historic campus requires constant upkeep and loving care, and today’s students need amenities like wireless dorms. Your gift keeps Hollins growing while maintaining her historical integrity.
A sound investment
The endowment provides the financial foundation for Hollins. The larger the endowment, the greater our ability to meet the growing expectations for scholarships and financial assistance for the students of the future.
Your gift to the unrestricted endowment gives Hollins the flexibility to respond quickly to timely opportunities or changing demands of today’s academic environment and strengthens our ability to meet our mission for years to come.
Your investment in the endowment is sound. As of June 30, 2014, the endowment stood at an all-time high market value of $180.6 million, up from $164.8 million a year prior, which places Hollins third among the institutions in the Virginia Foundation of Independent Colleges with the largest endowments.
Other Campus Initiatives
Your gift to other campus initiatives helps keep them strong:
• Friends of Athletics
• Jamaica Cultural Immersion Program
• Freya Emergency Loan Fund (for students facing a financial crisis)
• New Works Initiative (M.F.A. in playwriting)
• Eleanor D. Wilson Museum
• Wyndham Robertson Library