You can make your gift online.
you can make a pledge online, then pay with two options.
- Mail your check (payable to Hollins University) to Box 9629, 7916 Williamson Rd, Roanoke, VA 24020
- Call us at 800-846-5371 (800-Tinker1) with your credit card.
We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
All gifts to Hollins are tax deductible. Hollins’ fiscal year ends June 30.
Recurring Giving options with Credit or debit Card
1. Sustaining Gift
You can establish monthly, quarterly, or annual ONGOING gifts with your credit or debit card. Your card will continue to be charged on the monthly, quarterly, or annual option that you choose until Hollins receives notification to stop charges or the credit or debit card becomes inactive.
2. Installment Pledge
You can establish monthly, quarterly, or annual gifts for up to five years with your credit or debit card. You can choose any number of months, quarters, or years up to the five-year limit. Your card will continue to be charged on the option that you choose until the completion of your pledge, Hollins receives notification to stop charges, or the credit or debit card becomes inactive.
Securities: stocks and bonds
Securities such as stock and bonds can be used to make charitable gifts to Hollins University. You may be entitled to a charitable deduction (both income tax and estate or gift tax) equal to the average of the high and low the date your gift is received by our agent. Please consult your tax advisor on the potential tax benefits of your gift.
Call the Institutional Advancement Office at (800) 846-5371 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to give the name of the stock, the number of shares you intend to transfer, the approximate value of the stock, and the purpose of your gift.
There are two methods of transferring securities to Hollins University: electronic transfer or certified mail.
1. Electronic Transfer
Electronic transfer is the preferred and simplest method for stock transfers.
- Have your broker call Jodie Wertz or Stephen Waskey at the Roanoke Branch Office of Morgan Stanley (800-755-5127) to advise them of the approximate number and value of shares you intend to give and if you want the gift to be for a special purpose.
- Hollins’ account number with Morgan Stanley is 936-107505.
- The DTC transfer number is 0015.
- The address for Morgan Stanley is 10 South Jefferson Street, Suite 1700, Roanoke, VA 24011.
2. Mailing the Certificates
Stock certificates also may be sent via certified mail to Hollins University.
The following must be included when sending a certificate:
- A stock power form that is signed by the owner(s) of the certificate and guaranteed by a bank officer or investment broker using the Medallion signature guarantee stamp. It is not necessary to write anything on the stock certificate itself.
- A letter of authorization stating your intention to give the stock to Hollins University as a gift. The letter should be signed by the owner(s) of the certificate.
- Send the certificate and the stock power form in separate envelopes to ensure security.
- Send to Robert Zimmerman, Hollins University, Box 9629, 7916 Williamson Road, Roanoke, Virginia 24020.
Thank you for your support of Hollins University!
Learn more about these and other options for gifts that benefit you and Hollins:
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Retirement Plan
- Life Income Gifts
- Lead Trusts
- Life Insurance
- Retained Life Estate
Real or Personal Property
Deduct the full fair-market value of gifts of real estate or personal property (art, antiques, etc.).
If your company, your spouse’s company, a company from which you are retired, or a corporate board of which you are a member has a matching gift program, getting your gift matched is easy.
- Search for your company in our matching gift database
- Contact the company’s personnel office to obtain the forms
- Mail these to Hollins
- Some companies have matching gift forms online; ask the company’s personnel office for more information.
For income tax purposes, Hollins’ Federal ID number is 54-0506314.