How to Apply
International students are an important part of our community at Hollins. This page will provide instructions to begin the process of applying to Hollins:
Start by completing the Common Application online. After submitting your application for admission, you may monitor the progress of your application and receipt of supporting documents via your myHollins portal. A username and password will be generated once you begin your application for admission. A counselor will reach out via email to advise you on next steps.
There is no cost to submit your application for admission to Hollins.
Required Supporting Application Documents
Official copies of academic records (transcript) which must:
- list the courses taken and grades received in each grading period during the secondary school years.
- be sent to Hollins’ Office of Admission by the school official directly (documents may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Common Application).
- include your secondary school’s official stamp or seal.
SAT / ACT
- The SAT and/or ACT is required for first-year applicants.
International Student Certification of Finances
- Accessible for download (PDF). Your application will not be complete until this information has been received.
Official Bank Statements
- An official copy of your bank statement to support your Certification of Finances is required in order to issue your I-20 at the time of admission.
One letter of recommendation or Secondary School Report
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor at your school.
- If your native language isn’t English, you must submit a recommendation from your most recent English instructor.
- The recommendation should state the content of your English course work and the level of proficiency you have achieved.
(TOEFL) Test of English as a Foreign Language or (IELTS) International English Language Testing System
Hollins University requires all non-native English speakers to complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS. Students can request consideration to waive this requirement by proving their English proficiency in several ways, including one of the following:
- Obtaining a 6.5 or higher on the IELTS
- Obtaining a TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based total), 213 (computer-based total), or 80 (Internet-based total)
- Having been enrolled and attended a school with all instruction in English for three or more years at the secondary school level
- Obtaining a score of 610 of the SAT evidence-based reading and writing section
- Obtaining a score of 26 or higher on the ACT English Section
Please note that satisfaction of the admission requirement for English proficiency may not equal satisfaction of the general education language requirement (LAN) as described on page 33 of the Undergraduate Catalog.
Official Copy of Passport Photo
- An official copy of your passport photo page is required in order to issue your I-20 at the time of admission.
Academic merit scholarship
at least $23,000
Students will be evaluated based on their academic profile at the time of admission.
International friendship award
A limited amount of additional funds are available to international students.
Have more questions about scholarship opportunities at Hollins? Contact Tisha Grande at email@example.com.