For rising 9th-12th-grade girls
Sunday, July 17 – Saturday, July 23, 2022
Stretch your creativity and passion for theatre while exploring devised theatre, improv, playwriting, and music performance at the summer home of the Hollins Theatre Institute! Over the course of the week, students will experience a series of workshops with from Hollins music and theatre faculty, and an award-winning Hollins playwright! By starting with a group of existing songs and creating a narrative around them, the group will create a brand-new theatrical piece that will be performed as part of a showcase at week’s end. Come find yourself on stage with us!
Day camp (9 am – 5 pm): $500
Below are Hollinsummer topics and presenters for 2022; please check back later for Hollinsummer 2023 details.
- Theatre department chair and director for Hollins University theatre productions
- Teaches Acting Dynamics, Voice/Body/Text, Musical Theatre and Theatre History/Dramaturgy
- Produced playwright in Germany, The Netherlands, Australia, Japan, Ireland, and the U.S
- Plays published by Smith & Krauss, Theatrefolk, and YouthPLAYS
- Areas of research: feminist theatre performance and 20th/21st century women playwrights
- Conducts the Concert Choir and Chamber Singers
- Teaches Sight-Singing, Conducting, Broadway History, and a first-year seminar
- Frequent guest conductor for All-County and All-District Choral Festivals
- Adjudicator for honor choir auditions and District Choral Assessments