A bachelor’s degree (with an undergraduate major in dance) or equivalent dance experience is required. Applicants must submit at least three letters of recommendation and a DVD of selected works.
The program offers artists fellowships, loans, and possible on-campus employment. The artist fellowship is based both on merit and need. This application is available as a downloadable PDF.
Other student scholarships are available. To apply for these, students must complete the FAFSA annually. Student loans are not available to international students.
Application deadline: December 1
- $920 per credit hour for 2021-22
- New student nonrefundable deposit: $500
- Typical budget includes technology, media lab, thesis, and portfolio fees totaling approximately $1,500
- Summer housing at Hollins: $215 per week ($1,075 for the five weeks)
- Housing in Europe: there is no charge for housing as long as students stay in the housing arranged by the program.
- Students are responsible for the travel expenses from Hollins to Europe. A travel package is made available through Hollins providing a group rate rather than an individual rate. The cost of the travel package for summer 2019 was $1,728. A travel stipend of $450 was provided to help with the cost.
Want to Know More?
Program Director Jeffery N. Bullock is happy to answer your questions.