Recent Internships, Independent Studies, Theses and Honors Theses
American Society of International Law, Washington, D.C.
Awakening Foundation, Taipei, Taiwan
Battered Women’s Shelter, Charlottesville, VA
Center for Women and Politics, Washington, D.C.
Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA
Choice, U.S.A., Washington, D.C.
Codepink, Women for Peace, Washington D.C.
Day One, New York City
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, Washington D.C.
Family Violence Prevention Services, San Antonio, TX
Girls Scouts, Roanoke, VA
Guggenheim Productions, New York City
Human Rights Council, Washington, D.C.
In-Lighten, Roanoke, VA
Institute of Contemporary Art, Philadelphia, PA
Institute for Women’s Policy Research, Washington, D.C.
Legal Aid Society, Roanoke, VA
Ministry of Human Development, Belize City, Belize
National Women’s Political Caucus, Washington D.C.
Newman Ferrara LLP, New York City
Planned Parenthood, Roanoke, VA
Rescue Mission, Roanoke, VA
Roanoke Community Garden Association, VA
SARA Roanoke (Sexual Assault Response and Awareness), Roanoke, VA
Southern Poverty Law Center, Montgomery, AL
Stonewall Foundation, New York City
Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, VA
Well Rounded Midwifery and Well Rounded Missions, Radford, VA
Wildcat Garden for Peace and Education, Williamsburg, MA
Wingo, New York City
Women Make Movies, New York City
Women’s Injury Law Center, Richmond, VA
- A curriculum project to develop a Hollins course titled Confronting Isms
- An examination of the roles of women in the financial industry
- An exploration of the relationship between women’s self-assertiveness and date rape
- The establishment of a community garden on campus
- Conducting writing workshops at an all girls’ middle school
- Research on birth practices cross-culturally
- Research on women and outdoor leadership
- Nonprofit Development (Social Change & Community Development)
- Girls’ Empowerment and Leadership
- Feminism and Nationalism
- Feminist Ethnography
Theses and Honor Theses
- Food Activism: Localizing Struggles Against Globalization
- Childbirth and the Internal Colonization of Women’s Bodies
- Deconstructing “African AIDS”: a Feminist Redress
- The Politics of the Reception of Women’s Sexualities in Women’s Writing
- Reconceiving Rape Awareness: Feminist Readings of the Rape Abuse Incest National
- Network’s Legislative Agenda
- The Bound Yet Persistently Moving Critical Distance Between My Body and “Woman”
- NGOs and Sexuality in Nepal
- Girlfriends: A Deconstruction and Affirmation of Female Homosociality
- Metronormativity in the LGBT Imaginary and in Queer Geography: Confronting Heterosexism and Acknowledging Complexity in LGBT Lives