The Hollins honors program is distinctive in two ways:
- It is offered to students early in their academic career, either the first or second year.
- Student interest and curiosity drive the content of the seminars.
What to Expect
In the first year, the program provides resources and support for teams of students to design, execute, and present their own collaborative research projects.
In the second year, students work in a similar way, only this time to develop individual projects. In both years, projects will originate with ideas coming from students’ own interests and ideas provided in the seminar.
How to Apply
- Fill out the application form.
- Ask a teacher to fill out the recommendation form.
- The application deadline is March 1.
Students will be selected based on an open application process designed to gain a sense of the student’s motivation and aptitude for challenging, independent, and creative academic work.
What You’ll Get
After you’ve completed the sequence of four seminars, the distinction honors program will appear on your transcript.
Who Directs the Program
Professor of Classical Studies
Professor of Art