View Transcript Requests

Transcript Processing Change: Due to changes in U. S. Postal Service processing, the processing time of transcript requests must change.  Transcript requests will be processed within 72 hours of receipt of request.

Three Ways to Order Official Transcripts

  1. Through the National Student Clearinghouse, using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
    • The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session.
    • Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history online.
    • Questions: 703-742-7791 or
  2. In person at the registrar’s office, which is located on the lower level of Main Building. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
    Complete a transcript request form [PDF], which requires your signature.
    Cost is $5 per each official transcript, payable by check, cash, credit card, or charged to a student’s account.
    Email us with questions or concerns.
  3. By mail or fax
    Address: Hollins University, Box 9708, 7916 Williamson Road, Roanoke, VA 24020
    Fax: 540-362-6690
    Download a transcript request form, fill it out, sign it, and send it by mail or fax.
    Cost is $5 per each official transcript, payable by check, cash, credit card, or charged to a student’s account.

If You Are Unable to Download the Request Form

We will accept a written request with the following information:

  • Full name used while attending the college/university
  • Signature (required)
  • Social security number
  • Year graduated or attended
  • Current address, phone number and email address
  • Number of copies and complete mailing address for transcripts to be mailed
  • Mail request form with payment of $5 for each official transcript to: Hollins University, Registrar’s Office, Box 9708, 7916 Williamson Road, Roanoke, VA 24020. Pay by cash, check, credit card (VISA, Discover, Master Card, Amex – additional $2.25 processing fee) or money order.

Delivery Options

  • Overnight delivery: Submit your request by 11 am the preceding day and supply your credit card information.
  • U.S. Postal Service priority mail: You must supply a prepaid envelope.

Definition of Terms

  • Official Transcript. Transcripts are reproduced by a process that reduces the probability of undetected alterations. Authentication must include seal, signature/title of the certifying official, and date of certification. In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, transcripts are issued only at the student’s written and signed request.
  • Unofficial transcript. A working copy of a current student’s permanent academic record for use on campus by the student or an appropriate college official. Current students can see unofficial transcripts through the Hollins Information System.
  • Certifying Official. The registrar.
  • Student. Current student or alumnae of Hollins College/University.
  • Release of Transcript. An official copy of a transcript with an Academic Standards key is sent by first class mail directly to school/institutions and other organizations, or to the student upon the written and signed request of the student. The envelope of a transcript is stamped “Transcript Enclosed,” and “Unofficial If Seal Is Broken.” Official transcripts are not released until the student has settled all accounts with the university and is not delinquent in university loan programs. A faxed transcript is not permitted because of security, data transmission, and privacy considerations. The registrar’s office attempts to process all transcript requests within 72 hours.
  • Parental Request. Transcripts will not be released to parents without the student’s signed, written request.
  • Request for Unofficial Transcript. Unofficial transcripts are available for current students only. Faculty or staff may request an unofficial transcript of a current student. There is no charge for unofficial transcripts. Students requesting an unofficial transcript for a faculty member will need to fill out a transcript request form. If a faculty member calls to request a transcript, a form does not need to be filled out by the student.
  • Holds from the Business Office. If the student’s record shows a hold, the registrar’s office 1) contacts the business office to learn the nature of the hold; 2) contacts the student to inform her of the hold and to ask her to get in touch with the business office. The registrar’s office does not discuss the nature of the hold with the student.
  • Billing. Current students can charge the transcript fee to their campus account. Payment must be received before transcripts will be processed.