Welcome, and congratulations on your decision to attend Hollins.
Dear first-year, transfer, and Horizon students:
We are eagerly awaiting your arrival in February! Between now and then, this Web page will serve as your home base and will provide important information that will help you prepare for the spring term. Once you receive information about your e-mail account, be sure to check your Hollins e-mail every week for other important information and updates.
Please visit each of the links below, and read the information carefully.
- Visit the "Spring Arrivals" Required Forms page to access a number of forms that will help us understand and address your interests and needs. Please be sure to note the dates by which the forms must be completed.
- Visit the "Spring Arrivals" Academic Information page to find the schedule of classes, the online catalog, information about course scheduling, placement tests and advising, and an academic "to-do" list that will help you get ready for your first term at Hollins.
- All first year and transfer students (who are required to live on campus), as well as adult Horizons who want to live on campus, must visit the Housing and Residence Life pages. There you will learn about the residence halls, get information on what to bring with you, and find frequently asked questions about living on campus.
- Visit the Information Technology pages to find instructions on how to use Hollins e-mail, the network, my.hollins, and telephone systems. You will also learn about specifications for bringing a computer to campus.
- Under the Orientation tab on the left, you will find tentative spring orientation schedules. Please note that you need to make travel arrangements to arrive on campus for check-in on Monday, February 4, 2013. Residential students will be allowed to check in on Sunday, February 3, 2013 from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Under the Contact Us tab on the left, you will find a list of staff members who are available to assist you. Please do not hesitate to e-mail or call with questions.
Congratulations on your decision to attend Hollins! As you plan for the spring, remember that "Women who are going places start at Hollins." Get ready for the adventure to begin!