Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (response within 24 hours on weekdays)
IM: available during reference hours. Our screen name on AIM, Yahoo, Google Talk and MSN is askwyndham; or, just use the box on our home page.
Staff: see our staff directory.
Wyndham Robertson Library
P.O. Box 9000
7950 E. Campus Dr.
Roanoke, VA 24020
Wyndham Robertson Library Mission
The Wyndham Robertson Library fosters student success at Hollins University by teaching students to critically engage in the discovery and use of information; by connecting faculty and students with resources that advance scholarship and creative work; by strengthening the intellectual community; and by preserving and sharing Hollins' legacy.
- Select, acquire, organize and provide access to information collections that support the curricular and other informational needs of the University.
- Provide reference and instruction services to enable all users to effectively locate, evaluate, organize and utilize information.
- Build & maintain relationships on and off campus to identify and respond to community needs.
- Collaborate with teaching faculty to build
collections of materials in a variety of formats
that support the teaching and research of Hollins'
- Evaluate collections on a regular basis to
ensure their accessibility and continuing relevance
to community needs.
- Provide a welcoming, barrier-free building with
adequate space and equipment to encourage the
maximum use of Library facilities and to promote a
comfortable environment for intellectual inquiry.
- Collaborate with service providers on and off
campus to support the information technology needs
of the University.
- Develop a qualified and motivated staff through
collaboration and opportunities for professional
- Provide work experiences for student employees
that complement their education.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility by careful,
thoughtful use of Library resources.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in
librarianship, information management and services.
- Strive to make the Wyndham Robertson Library a
model academic library that will enhance the quality
and reputation of Hollins
Last updated: 07152014