Steps to Applying for Financial Aid
At Hollins University, were dedicated to making
graduate education a reality for a diverse and well-qualified
group of students. We have developed a strong financial
assistance program, combining merit and need-based
scholarships, grants, loans, campus jobs, and special
The following are eight steps to help make applying for financial assistance
easier and more understandable.
Before You Begin. . .
We strongly encourage all applicants to make a personal, confidential appointment
with Hollins Office of Scholarships and Financial Assistance prior to starting
the process. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff can provide you with the latest
information on available financial assistance, useful tips on completing forms
and meeting deadlines, and answers to any questions you may have. Based on your
personal circumstances, we can give you a general idea of how much financial
assistance you can expect and whether the aid will come in the form of loans,
grants, or scholarships.
Complete your federal tax return
- Some of the exact same questions asked on your
tax return will be asked again when you complete
Complete the Free Application
For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. FAFSA related questions can be answered at 800-4FED-AID (800-433-3243). Make sure you list Hollins University (003715) and sign your FAFSA electronically when you submit it to the Department of Education.
- Print a copy for your records and pay attention to the Student Aid Report you will receive as a response from the Department of Education.
- We recommend that you follow up with our office 2-3 weeks after your submit your FAFSA.
Complete the Hollins
University Graduate Financial Aid Application
Send to Hollins the following:
- Hollins University Graduate Financial Aid Application (original copy)
Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (M.A.L.S.) students:
You will be notified of your award by mail. **
- Follow the instructions on how to sign and return the award.
Complete your loan paperwork and/or refund request forms (if necessary).
Access the HIS (https://prodssb.hollins.edu.). There you will be able to see any missing requirements to complete the financial aid process, access Hollins Quikpay for up-to-date account information, as well as view registration information.
** Please note:
- You must be registered for classes at Hollins before receiving a financial assistance award letter.
Hollins University is committed to providing expert assistance to you through
every step of the aid application process. If at any time you need our help,
please call the Office of Scholarships and Financial Assistance
at (540) 362-6332 or e-mail us at email@example.com.