Home : Giving to Hollins : Ways to Give

Ways to Give

Hollins welcomes gifts of all types. We will work with you and your financial advisors to maximize the tax benefits for you and the value of your gift. Contact us at 800-846-5371 or gifts@hollins.edu if you have any questions.

Credit Card or Check

All gifts to Hollins are tax deductible. Hollins' fiscal year ends June 30.

  • Credit card gifts may be made online.
  • Mail your check (made out to Hollins University) to P. O. Box 9629, Roanoke, VA 24020
  • Call us at 800-846-5371 (800-Tinker1) with your credit card.

We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.


Monthly Recurring Gifts with Debit or Credit Card

You can make monthly recurring gifts to Hollins with your debit or credit card. Monthly contributions make the amount manageable and the process easy. Click the link for the recurring gift form:

Print it out, fill it out, and mail it back to Hollins University, P.O. Box 9629, Roanoke, VA 24020. Or call Kerry Kinnison '12, assistant director of the Hollins Fund, at (540) 362-6663 and she will be happy to help you set up your recurring gift.


Electronic transfer is the safest and fastest way to give stock to Hollins. It requires two easy steps:

1. Call the Institutional Advancement Office at (800) 846-5371 or e-mail gifts@hollins.edu to give the name of the stock, the number of shares you intend to transfer, the approximate value of the stock, and the designation.

2. After contacting Hollins:

  • Have your broker call Jodie Wertz or Stephen Waskey at the Roanoke office of Morgan Stanley (1-877-449-4449; toll free) to advise them of the approximate number and value of shares you intend to give and if you want the gift to be for any special purpose. Their website is: www.morganstanleyfa.com/dunkenbergerwaskeygroup
  • Hollins' account number with Morgan Stanley is 936-107505.
  • The DTC transfer number is 0015.
  • The address for Morgan Stanley is: 10 South Jefferson Street, Suite 1700, Roanoke, VA 24011.

For information on how to transfer stock certificates by mail, please contact the Institutional Advancement Office at (800) 846-5371 or gifts@hollins.edu. You also may give mutual fund shares to Hollins and avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation in value. Each mutual fund company has different procedures. Please contact your financial advisor or mutual fund company for assistance in transferring mutual funds.


Planned Giving

Learn more about these and other options for gifts that benefit your and Hollins:

  • Charitable Gift Annuity
  • Retirement Plan
  • Life Income Gifts
  • Bequests
  • Lead Trusts
  • Life Insurance
  • Retained Life Estate
Real or Personal Property

Deduct the full fair-market value of gifts of real estate or personal property (art, antiques, etc.).

Matching Gifts

Often your gift to Hollins can be multiplied by matching funds from companies and foundations. If your company, your spouse's company, a company from which you are retired, or a corporate board you are a member of has a matching gift program, getting your gift matched is easy. All you need to do is contact the company's personnel office to obtain the forms, fill them out, and mail them to Hollins. Some companies have matching gift forms online; ask the company's personnel office for more information.

For income tax purposes, Hollins federal ID number is 54-0506314.


Questions about Giving


Contact the  Institutional Advancement Staff