You can make your gift online.
you can make a pledge online, then pay with two options.
- Mail your check (made out to Hollins University) to P.O. Box 9629, Roanoke, VA 24020
- Call us at 800-846-5371 (800-TINKER1) with your credit card.
We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
All gifts to Hollins are tax deductible. Hollins’ fiscal year ends June 30.
Monthly Recurring Gifts with Debit or Credit Card
You can make monthly recurring gifts to Hollins with your debit or credit card. Monthly contributions make the amount manageable and the process easy. Select the “recurring gift (paid in installments)” option on the Make a Gift online form:
Securities: stocks and bonds
Securities such as stock and bonds can be used to make charitable gifts to Hollins University. You are entitled to a charitable deduction (both income tax and estate or gift tax) equal to the average of the high and low the date your gift is received by our agent. One of the principal benefits of a gift of securities is that any appreciation is exempt from capital gains taxes. Hollins University thus receives the full value of the gift’s assets without the imposition of capital gains taxes to you.
Call the Institutional Advancement office at (800) 846-5371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to give the name of the stock, the number of shares you intend to transfer, the approximate value of the stock, and the designation.
There are two methods of transferring securities to Hollins University: electronic transfer or certified mail.
1. Electronic Transfer
Electronic transfer is the preferred and simplest method for stock transfers.
- Have your broker call Jodie Wertz or Stephen Waskey at the Roanoke office of Morgan Stanley (1-877-449-4449; toll free) to advise them of the approximate number and value of shares you intend to give and if you want the gift to be for any special purpose.
- Hollins’ account number with Morgan Stanley is 936-107505.
- The DTC transfer number is 0015.
- The address for Morgan Stanley is 10 South Jefferson Street, Suite 1700; Roanoke, VA 24011.
2. Mailing the Certificates
Stock certificates also may be sent via certified mail to Hollins University. The following must be included when sending a certificate:
- A stock power form that is signed by the owner(s) of the certificate and guaranteed by a bank officer or investment broker using the Medallion signature guarantee stamp. It is not necessary to write anything on the stock certificate itself.
- A letter of authorization stating your intention to give the stock to Hollins University as a gift. The letter should be signed by the owner(s) of the certificate.
- Send the certificate and the stock power form in separate envelopes to ensure security.
- Send to Robert Zimmerman, Hollins University, P.O. Box 9629, Roanoke, Virginia 24020-1629. (Please note that for Fed/Ex or UPS deliveries, our physical address is 7915 West Campus Drive, Roanoke, VA 24020.)
Learn more about these and other options for gifts that benefit your and Hollins:
- Charitable Gift AnnuityRetirement Plan
- Life Income Gifts
- Lead Trusts
- Life Insurance
- Retained Life Estate
Real or Personal Property
Deduct the full fair-market value of gifts of real estate or personal property (art, antiques, etc.).
If your company, your spouse’s company, a company from which you are retired, or a corporate board you are a member of has a matching gift program, getting your gift matched is easy.
- Search for your company in our matching gift database
- Contact the company’s personnel office to obtain the forms
- Mail these to Hollins
- Some companies have matching gift forms online; ask the company’s personnel office for more information.
For income tax purposes, Hollins federal ID number is 54-0506314.