GWS graduates: Where are they now?
- Lauren Bakst '11 is a development associate and online performance editor for the arts and literary quarterly BOMB Magazine, and continues to dance in New York City
- Frankie Lis Berger '04 is associate director for state and local government relations for Habitat for Humanity International in Washington, D.C.
- Shamecca Q. Bryant '04 earned her M.A. in sociology with a concentration in public policy at American University. She is executive director for the Orange County Rape Crisis Center, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Courtney Chenette '09 recently completed her law degree at Pace Law School in New York, where she was a Presidential Scholar. She is currently employed by Newman Ferrara LLP in Manhattan, where her work focuses on civil rights, employment discrimination, consumer protection, and securities fraud
- Chelsea van der Mije Clarkson '10 is a DONA-trained birth Doula, and works at Birthways Family Birth Center
- Victoria Crump '06 is a Ph.D. candidate in gender studies at Indiana University
- Hilary Dubose '05 completed her M.A. degree in human development and food security at Roma Tre University; currently works as a project manager for the Coffee Industry Support Project for CARE International in Papua New Guinea
- Parker Gard '05 is a professional development designer at Wireless Generation in New York City
- Carrie Hart '06 is currently a student in the Ph.D. program in educational and cultural studies at UNC-Greensboro
- Meredith Harper '05 completed her M.S. in dietetics at Florida International University and is currently a clinical dietician at Duke University Hospital
- Alexandra Pilafian Lee '07 is a philanthropy associate for FeedMore in Richmond
- Writtika Roy '08, M.D., University of Mississippi Medical Center
Others have gone on to:
- Attend graduate and professional school in medicine, law, international development, nursing, women's health, social work, and women's studies
- Work at nonprofit organizations such as Planned Parenthood, Teach for America, United Way, Catholic Charities Refugee Resettlement Program, Armenian Volunteer Corps
- Work at a variety of for-profit and educational organizations, including Apple Computer, The Roanoke Times, University of Chicago, Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources