Hollins’ nationally recognized theatre major allows students to identify and apply their own strengths. We help each student write, design, build, direct, and star in the most important play on the planet: their life.
Theatre major students at Hollins take part in every aspect of theatre production. This includes acting, musical theatre, design, directing, stage management, and technical production.
The minor is compatible with many other majors. These include business, communication studies, dance, English, film, history, and philosophy.
What You'll Learn
A Home Away From Home
The theatre department at Hollins is unbelievably special. It is an innovative environment that offers support and a safe place to explore creative, honest storytelling. I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunities that the department has given me. It is a home away from home.Russell Simone Wilson
Putting Ideas into Practice
Students learn how to:
- Manage projects
- Work with a limited budget
- Deal with different human beings
- Understand the human condition
- Overcome “technical difficulties”
Our charming and newly renovated 550-seat proscenium theatre is remarkably intimate with:
- A flexible front-apron configuration
- Automated rigging system
- Fully equipped scenery and costume shops
- Design studio, makeup studio, and light lab
- A 99-seat black box theatre and acting studio
- Sound, projection, and computer lab