Two sessions for rising 9th-12th-grade girls:
Sunday, July 19 – Saturday, July 25, 2015
Sunday, July 26 – Saturday, August 1, 2015
Each one-week writing retreat provides students with individualized attention and a choice of activities to develop skills in fiction, poetry, and personal narrative. Lectures, workshops, and special events with Hollins faculty and visiting authors encourage participants to hone their writing skills. Each day includes unstructured time for students to practice writing and get to know the other students.
Day (9 am – 5 pm): $400
- Campers who register and pay the nonrefundable $200 deposit by March 1 receive a 20% discount.
- Campers who register and pay the deposit by May 1 receive a 10% discount.
- All payments are due in full by June 15, or your registration will be canceled and your deposit will not be refunded.
Marcie Flinchum Atkins
- Graduate of the M.A. and M.F.A. programs in children’s literature at Hollins
- Two-time recipient of the Shirley Henn Creative Writing Award
- Teaches elementary students
- Writes picture books and middle grade and young adult novels
- Has been published in the educational market and in children’s and adult magazines
- Read her blog
Meighan L. Sharp
- Graduate of the M.F.A. program in creative writing at Hollins
- Her work has twice appeared in the annual Best New Poets anthologies and in numerous literary journals